Thursday 10 April 2014

Hand Tools - The Initial First Few

Below are some pictures of hand tools I recently purchased to kick-off learning woodwork. This set was bought some time in February at, now my go to hardware shop here in Kuala Lumpur, See Hup Hardware.  A German made soft-faced hammer and some Irwin Marples chisels seem worth a mention. The owner was too kind as he actually allowed me to go through his stock to find the perfect hammer.
I have since acquired a whole lot of hand tools over the past few months. I'll post more pictures since I actually have a reason to now.

My first few hand tools. The highlight of the lot, a Record No. 4 plane.
I was surprised to find a Record No. 4 smoothing bench plane and better yet, its a "Made in England" variety.

Record No. 4 smoothing bench plane.
You'll see this printed on the box in some of the pictures. Specifically, it says "Made by Record in Sheffield England". I went a little over the edge with the photos and have decided against posting all of these here on the blog. Instead I have compiled an album which you can view here.
Now its time to tune-up the hand plane. After watching hours of videos on hand-plane tuning, I can say this is going to be a lengthy but an exciting process.

No comments:

Post a Comment